Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vanish by Sophie Jordan

Vanish (Firelight, #2)
Rating: 4 stars
Hardcover, 304 pages
Published September 6th 2011 by HarperTeen

I was very excited to be able to get a chance to read Vanish right after I had read Firelight(Thank You Crystal). Vanish was a delightful addition to the Firelight series. This is such an original in my opinion. We see tons of books on ghosts, vampires, shapshifters, fairies etc. So when you pick up the Firelight series, we are welcomed to a fresh new genre that has not been written and re-written time and time again. Sophie Jordan invites us into the draki world with a new spin on fantasy.

Jacinda, Cassian, Tamra and their mother are on their way back to the pride. Jacinda is one of the most rare and prized of their kind, but Tamra will no longer be dismissed and worthless. She becomes more useful than ever before. The roles get somewhat reversed as Jacinda is not treated with the same respect as before and now Tamra is. Being back in the pride was difficult. More tense moments and a creepy Corbin, Cassian's cousin. Being under a watchful eye, Jacinda must prove that she is bound to the pride and she has let the thought of being in love with Will, go. But can she convince the pride and herself of this?

I was a bit annoyed by Jacinda in this book, I'm not going to lie. She never seemed to know what or who she wanted. The love triangle was dragged out a little too much. It seemed like the inner battle Jacinda faced with Will/Cassian and her loyalty to her family and the pride was the base of Vanish. I think deep down it was always and will be Will for Jacinda. I totally LOVE Will! Even thought he wasn't in the book much, he still seemed to win me over once again. Cassian is somewhat labeled arrogant and a bit shallow, but I feel deep down he has a good heart. I adored Tamra in this book. She turned out to be an amazing character.

There are a lot of twists throughout this installment and I was rather satisfied with the outcome. I loved where it left off and look forward to reading the Untitled (Firelight #3)

No comments:

Post a Comment