Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Crave by Melissa Darnell

Rating: 2 Stars
Paperback, 416 pages
Expected publication: October 18th 2011 by Harlequin Teen
 
A forbidden love, Withches/Warlocks and Vampires. This sounds very enticing right? To be honest, I couldn't love this book. It was just okay for me.I had high hopes for this book. I think the storyline was tempting and the idea was promising, but this is irrefragable proof you can't judge a book by its cover.

Savannah was told by her childhood friends, that they couldn't be friends anymore and without explanation. Savannah and Tristan (love that name) were what you would call childhood sweethearts until that day. Savannah Colbert has moved on with her life and now being in high school life has not been any easier. Those "once" friends bully and tease her. She doesn't know why or what she could have done to them for that kind of treatment.
The Clann descendants were advised to stay away from Savannah. Suddenly Savannah develops an illness, so she thought. She finds out that she is something very rare. Her father is an incubus (a special kind of vampire) and her nanna and mother are witches.
I feel that there were parts of the story that were drawn out a bit too long. I did like Tristan and Savannah as a couple. I am curious as to where the author will take them next.

Overall, it was an okay read for me.

(Arc provided by Netgalley)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment